Saturday, April 17, 2010

$660 to go and EXPO

As the last couple days approach, I am constantly getting donations. Some large, some small, but all greatly moving me forward toward my goal. I am $660 away from $4000 and really feeling positive that I'll make it, especially knowing that people can donate for a few weeks post race day as well.

I went to the convention center today to pick up my bib number: 23164

While I was there I enjoyed the many booths with free stuff galore. It was like a massive carnival for runners and supporters. Food, energy bars, shoes, etc etc. It was awesome!

We also got free shirts and I picked up my nice and ridiculously expensive commemorative jacket.

There was a video station where they showed a course preview with lots of inspiring words of wisdom from seasoned marathoners and beginners alike. There was a lot of talk about the "promises" we make to the people in our lives as being the inspiration for running. This hit home as I thought of my family and of Children's Hospital and the money I'm trying to raise for them. I am just so honored to be part of this history. As the video said (as I tried to not tear up too much!), we are running in the footsteps of those who came before us, as those in the future will be running in ours.

This is really happening!
2 days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment